Environment Social Governance Project Analysis and Ratings
Our ESG analyses and ratings mitigate those risks and provide the following benefits.
Benefits to Project Developers
- Better financing terms. Ability to tap sources of investment and financing which value ESG benefits and limit ESG-related risks.
- Guidance. Review of project documents and provision of guidance on what is needed to lower ESG-related risks, enhance ESG performance impact, and improve ratings.
- Data for stakeholders. Analysis and data visualizations of ESG risks and opportunities for use with stakeholders and the ability to compare financing options.
- Monitoring, updates, and alerts. Provides early warning if ESG project plans were adjusted or need to be adjusted during construction.
- ESG project development track record. Provides information to the market on the developer’s expertiser reducing ESG risks in the project planning and implementation stages.
Benefits to Investors/Financiers
- Detailed due diligence at the planning stage reduces risks to the environment during and after construction; improves climate change resilience; avoids delays resulting from lack of support from local government/community; and enhances project governance.
- Measures of potential impact are well supported by robust analysis.
- Pre-construction ratings and analyses provide investors the needed detailed quantitative analyses to understand ESG impacts of a project and improve their ESG-related investment decisions.
- Recommendations help to better integrate ESG considerations into business strategy and project management.
- Regular monitoring and alerts during the construction phase helps ensure project achieves the same or higher ratings after construction is completed.